Rohi or rui fish is very common and popular to non veg people. This fish is available in the market during the whole year. Rui or rohu is such kind of fish which can be cooked in any way, either rich or as patient,s diet.There are a variety of rohi fish dish, but here the popular item rui machher kalia is being presented.
- Rohi or rohu fish 5 pieces
- Onion paste
- Ginger paste
- Garlic paste
- Tomato paste
- Cumin powder
- Chilli powder
- Turmeric powder
- Garam masala
- Green chilli
- First wash the fish well and marinate with salt and turmeric powder.
- Pour oil in the cooking pan.
- Now fry the fish lightly and keep those aside in a pan.
- Next add onion, ginger and garlic paste to the hot oil and stir it in the light flame.
- Now add cumin powder and red chilli powder to it. Stir it in light flame adding a little water.
- Next add turmeric powder, tomato paste and salt(as required according to taste) to this frying mixture.
- After 3 minutes when the oil will come out keeping the mixture intact pour water to it and let it boil for 4/5 minutes in light flame.
- The fish will be added to it after it is boiled well.
- Now add garam masala to it keeping a little gravy and cover it for 3 minutes.
- Now the rohi fish kalia is ready to be served with rice.