KACHAKALAR (GREEN PLANTAIN) CURRY
Kachkala or green plantains are the banana like fruits generally taken after cooking. This vegetable is rich in vitamins and minerals which are actually very helpful for good making health. This vegetable may be taken only in boiled form which contributes in proper digestion. Besides, plantain when cooked with proper recipe it gives a mouth watering taste. You may taste it with rice or roti according to your choice.
- Two kachkala or plantains
- Two potatoes normal size
- Some conical balls made of pulse fried in oil
- A piece of small ginger
- Oil as required
- A small piece of ginger
- Three teaspoons of cumin powder
- Two teaspoons of chili powder (may not use it if not interested)
- One or less teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Salt as required
- Sugar according to your taste
- Garam masala 1/2 teaspoon (powder of the mixture of cinnamon, cardamon and clove)
- Corriander leaves a little
- Cumin seeds a pinch
- Bay leaves one or two
- Heating oil in a pan fry the conical balls lightly and keep these aside.
- Now drop the cumin seeds and the bay leaves in the oil and add the cleaned pieces of plantains and potatoes.
- Cover it for one or two minutes in light flame.
- Next add the smashed ginger paste with it and fry lightly.
- After one minute add the cumin powder, chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and sugar with some water and stir it lightly in the light flame and cover it to boil.
- After two or three minutes add more water to boil it and cover it in light flame for 5 minutes.
- Next when the water has dried and the vegetables have boiled mix the garam masala with it and cover it for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Finally uncover it and taste the curry to utter WOW!!!!